When are old english game bantam hens ready to start laying ?

oegbantamsftw

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
I think she is one year or older got her in summer in may stopped laying eggs in august got three eggs spaced out instead of her usual every three days any body know when they start laying age and on how they are Also there were so many factors that were making her stop laying eggs such in summer it was to hot and she had diarrhea and after I got her a very cozy nesting box my cousin throw the only two eggs i had at her and the rooster dang i am so mad but i cant do anything cant scold my cousin he dont have any sense and I cant punish the hen it will make things worse so now its cold and she eats her eggs and wont nest in the boxes the three i mentioned were scattered about and in the open and a three weeks ago i found egg in her face and some shell remains just another cruel reminder of how i an never going to get them chicks I envy when i here or read other peoples hens going broody and burns my throat when i here that they have a problem with there hens going broody shoot even the types of egg laying hens that dont usually go broody, go broody

Lots of bantams take a break from laying in the winter. Other factors for poor laying are genetics like a small hip width for laying eggs or a small amount of eggs in a chickens actual reproductive system, calcium is a factor, stress from anything like people or even laying an egg or a predator and a huge one is all together diet and weather conditions like extreme heat or cold, drafty areas take body heat and cause more energy to be used for bodily functions and the hen will stop laying to live.

Anyway have a good one and feel free to ask questions,
Whit
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom