1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

when are they going to start laying eggs????????????

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by zimrijs, Mar 8, 2016.

1. zimrijs

zimrijs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2015
    mission tx
    When I got the IBM they told me he was 2yrs old and the Indian blue silver pied git then when they where 8 months old I think they aldery have like 1yr and some months don't remember.

2. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Hens will start (most of the time) at 2yrs old but, anything after 1 clutch is a surprise. The roosters can mate at 2yrs old but generally are not ready until 3yrs old. If your males age is in question post some pics of him especially his train and we can give you an idea.

Gerald Barker

3. zimrijs

zimrijs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2015
    mission tx
    I'm trying but it won't let me it did let me in a another post but it was a pic of one of our roos

4. barkerg

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Email it to me and I'll try for you.

Check your pm

Gerald Barker

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  5. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Peafowl usually breed and lay their first time around 2 years old. When there are signs of spring you're getting close.
    [​IMG] If the feathers are similar shape the peacock is around 2 years old. Whites and Indian Blues share the same feather structure just not the same color.

[​IMG] If the train is like this he's at least 3 years old and will definitely try to mate. This is actually a 5 year old male.

6. barkerg

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    They sent me a pic but, I cant get it to load either. Anyways, it is indeed a 3yr old IBM and a very nice one might I add. Gerald Barker

7. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    ... so, ... first egg two days after first mating !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by