When can I eat the eggs again? And other questions.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AliciaM, Aug 19, 2010.

1. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    If I give my hens this, Agrimycin-343, how long until I am able to eat the eggs? Everything ive read says to not use it on chickens that produce eggs for human consumption, but doesnt give a time when it would be safe again.

I have 2 hens that have weepy eye and one kinda barks... I have never heard her cackle like the other chickens.

I am gonna seperate them from the rest again and I want to try this stuff to see if it works.

All the chickens have been dewormed and were on a course of Duramycin a month ago.

Id hate to have to cull the 2 hens.. They are both french copper marans.. One blue and one black.

Oh, and neither has laid us any eggs since weve gotten them except once.. and that was a day or so after they came home. Weve had them for about 3 months. They were sold to us as year olds..

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    I talked to a vet today and was told that if I use this particular medicine, I can eat the eggs after 6 weeks "at my own risk" but it is not recomended. And, I cannot sell the eggs if the chickens have had that medicine.
    I can eat the actual chicken after a withdrawal period, but not the eggs.. I didnt ask why..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by