When can i expect eggs from my White Chinese goose?

goosegirl6

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 1, 2013
Central Alaska
smile.png
Hi Everyone! I have a White Chinese goose that i bought as a sexed gosling from Metzer Farms in early May. Unfortunately, i had to get rid of the male that i got with her because he got very aggresive and killed a chicken. She is now about 8 monthes old, however, the daylight is very limited here in Alaska right now, and it will be a few weeks before we get more normal hours of daylight. Will she lay without a male or any other geese present (just chickens) and when should I expect the first egg?

Yes she will lay without a male in fact white Chinese lay over 45 eggs but less when a year old. Since your in the northern hemisphere your goose will lay around February or March but white Chinese can be a surprise and lay earlier and sometimes lay twice in one year (usually in autumn if they lay twice a year)

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I am really excited about getting goose eggs. I wanted to breed the white chines, but after discovering there agressive personality i decided to hang onto her and maybe try a different breed later

I have had my young chinese geese lay as early as mid December in Northern MN. The eggs end up freezing though. The geese would have been hatched some time in April.

Back
Top Bottom