When can i lose my marbles?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by k_long, Jan 12, 2010.

1. k_long

k_long Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Point Harbor N.C.
    I have marbles in the watering dish for my chicks so they don't drown when will they lose the urge to drown themselves. They are currently 8 days old

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I never used marbles just the chick waterer!

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I never used marbles either, but my waterer was so small I doubt a gnat could have drowned in it. If you're using one of the chick waterers, I'd say they're plenty old enough to have learned the ins/outs of the waterer. If its a deep or large waterer, or just a bowl or pan, I might go to 2 weeks???

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I lost my marbles somewhere between 'we should get a few chickens' and "20 in the brooder" [​IMG]

Oh....water marbles! Somewhere around the end of week 1. After they have their balance, and are getting around good.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I think you have to wait until you're at least 75 before you can officially lose your marbles.

6. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    I lost my marbles when the husband said "come on honey, lets buy the farm, it'll be FUN!".

Chick marbles- I leave them a while, it doesn't hurt.

7. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Quote:Hate to say it, but there's evidence in the brooder that you've lost your marbles already [​IMG]

8. Doormantnt

Doormantnt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    usually when they are up and about real good.

BUT....WOW you have really open a can here with a question like that....

I can say if you are anything like most of us here.......your last marble is bouncing around in that brooder...

TNT

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I think you have done great keeping them in there 8 days. I'd take the marbles out now.

And I've officially lost my marbles............I have chicken-on-the-brain 24X7. If I'm not thinking about what breeds I want to add to my flock, then I'm thinking about the design of the next coop DH needs to build for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by