1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When can I tell the gender on SL Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nutz4critters, Apr 17, 2008.

1. nutz4critters

nutz4critters Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    NW Alabama
    I got some SLW in an assortment. I paid for all pullets, but you know how hatcheries are. [​IMG]

They are now 11 days old (hatched 4/6) and most have full wing feathers. Most of them have a lot of definite penciling on the wing feathers, but I have one that has dark flight feathers with little to no penciling.

I can see a difference in the comb on the "oddball", but it could be an early bloomer, I guess. I will say it likes the highest spot possible in the brooder and is assertive. Until I take it out to socialize it. [​IMG]

I'm just curious. Need to get batteries before I can take some pix and then I'll need instructions for posting pix on the list.

I don't want a houseful of roos, but I hope I have at least one! [​IMG]

TIA!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

By about 5-6 weeks roo combs will be much more evident. Pic posting instructions are in the FAQ. Best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by