When Can My Chick Rejoin The Flock?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cheepsforkeeps, May 12, 2010.

1. cheepsforkeeps

cheepsforkeeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    [​IMG] I posted this on the emergencies and cures with no results... so trying here!

[​IMG]I have been treating my a new 3 week old frizzle for Coccidiosis since this past Monday. She was in the brooder with the rest of the original chicks for 1 day and I separated them once I saw lots of blood in her poop. I have been treating all of the chicks with Corid 9.6% (1 tsp per gallon of water). She is really beginning to perk up and there are more good poops and fewer with blood. She is very bored and lonely. When can I add her back in with the rest? Seems like it would be ok since they are all being treated.
    :)Also wondering is there follow up to the five day treatment and any probiotic suggestions besides yogurt?

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds to me like she'll be just fine with the rest as long as she no longer has blood in her poop and she's been treated for a week.

3. cheepsforkeeps

cheepsforkeeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    There is still occasional blood in small amounts. They have all had Corid for only three days. Sounds like your recommending I wait the full 5 days or until I don't see any blood?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by