I have two separate batches of fall chicks getting close to ready to go out to the big coop, BUT we've had temps in the low 30's the last few nights, tonight will be 45, and expected to be the low 50's the rest of the week. It's about 60 or 70 yards from the house with no electricity. I didn't take my Spring chicks out until they were 10 or 11 weeks old and it was over 70 at night, and of course they all did fine and loved it outside. One batch is of 9 standard chicks, barred rocks, RIR's, a golden Lakenvelder, and a SLW, which have been fully feathered for a couple of weeks now, but I've lost my receipt so I'm not sure exactly how old they are. I think they're 7 or 8 wks. My other group is only 4 wks old, but they're mostly cochin bantams and silkies, but I also have some Ameraucanas in there. Oh, and a bantam D'Uccle. I know I need to wait a while on these, but how long? It's just getting colder and colder. I've got the temp at about 75 degrees now in the back bathroom, which is where they're at, in big rubbermaid tubs. The 4 week old batch still has a lightbulb, but I lowered it to a 40 watt last week. They need to get used to a little less heat, but they're all still surprisingly toasty hot when I pick them up due to all the body heat from 21 little bodies! I expected I might have a few losses so I got a few more than I needed, but all the little buggers are so alert and healthy!.....which I'm very pleased about, but my gosh, all the peeping and pooping, lol! When can they safely go out?