When candling are the contents supposed to move?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by iajewel, Apr 5, 2011.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    I candled my eggs and they look like they are at the right stage of development but when I move the egg the contents also wishy washy around. They go into lock down the 10th. Is this right? Every egg is the same?

2. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I don't believe they are supposed to do that weepy-wishy-washy thing, at least, that's what I read on here. i'm on day 5 and practically all of my eggs have this dark glob, which I found out is the yolk and this dark glob moves slowly whichever way you move the egg and it shouldn't be doing that. Read from one of the posts, that it typically means an infertile egg.

Quote:

3. Higins00

Higins00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Ct
    That does not sound right for lock down on the 10th. Should be dark blob and air cell by now.

4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
  5. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Its dark and its at the right stage, but moving around. I broke one egg open and there was a fully developed chick, but it wasn't moving? would the whole bator just die off all at once? or are they ok and IM just nervous?

6. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:Just be patient... No rush. [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    By "moving" do you mean, moving on their own, or when you turn the egg. they shouldn't move when you trn the egg, like swishing around in there, if that is the case, they have probably expired.

8. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    If your talking about chickens lockdown is day 18 for ducks lockdown is day 25

9. iajewel

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    No, not moving on their own.. I mean when I move the egg the inside of the egg (chick and stuff) moves.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Candling on day 10, I can see veins and a dark spot I assume is an eye. When I turn the egg, the eye moves AFTER I turn the egg. Like it is following me. Is this what is happening?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by