1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

when cross breeding

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by call ducks, Apr 17, 2009.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    shold i cross buff sebright roo with black hen or black roo with buff hen ?

2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

Are these buff laced gold & black laced gold?

I think the buff laced sebrights are dominant white. If so I don't think it would make any difference which you had the male & female.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
  4. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry, the link doesn't work.

I have no experience with sebrights. I had thought they were all laced but sounds like I'm wrong. [​IMG] Sorry.

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:No, you are correct. They are ALL laced.

There are Silver Sebrights, Golden Sebrights and Buff Sebrights.

Buff Sebrights are a buff colored birds with white "trim" around the feathers.

call ducks, it would help to know what you are trying to accomplish in this project, as I don't think Buff Sebright x Black Rosecomb will get you anything but a mix.

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i might do this for a sci far experament just to see what it looks like.

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Well, first off, what is the reason behind the research?

What is your hypothesis?
    Do you want to go on further other than a local science fair? If so, then judges look for experiments with useful information relating to society such as medical, agricultural, etc. If you are only doing it for fun, then you may not get the results that you wish.

It would be nice to see what it would look like, but the purpose of a science fair experiment is to test a subject that may be useful. Doing something fun for yourself doesn't seem be a benefit.

I am sorry if I am discouraging you from this, but this is what happens at a science fair. I have entered several in the past and this is what was to be done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by