When did hens start keeping people?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AllenK RGV, Oct 14, 2019.

1. AllenK RGV

AllenK RGV Chicken Addict

I am 50 years oldish. Never in my life have I heard of hens keeping people before. A summer or two ago an OEGB adopted our family. She is nice but fears us and seems to lay us eggs. With the other chickenkind on our property she is the queen.
    I don't want to be domesticated, but this chicken is keeping us.

2. MaryJanet

MaryJanet Free Ranging

Three chickens live at my house and they're holding me hostage by doind cute things and making me watch their antics every day. Send help. And treats.

3. AllenK RGV

She sends me to TSC monthly with shopping lists too? 50 pound bags of GMO trans fat bags of corn? Scratch and whatever isn't healthy?

Cryss, Ted_Harrell, janiedoe and 17 others like this.
  4. MaryJanet

MaryJanet Free Ranging

Sounds like trouble. Do not call the cops. It will just make things worse. And they won't believe you.

5. AllenK RGV

Thank you for your assistance. This is my fist adoptive relationship with chicken.

6. DiYMama540

DiYMama540 Crowing

Jun 25, 2019
    SW VA
    My Coop
    I don't want to be domesticated either, but the mob holding me hostage insists! If I don't do what they say, when they say, they try to make my life miserable! I can't say no!!!

7. MaryJanet

MaryJanet Free Ranging

If I were you, I would do everything she says. Who knows what manner of shady connections she may have.

8. MaryJanet

MaryJanet Free Ranging

@DiYMama540 maybe we can start a secret support network. Do not tell the chickens!

9. AllenK RGV

So what then we just salivate when they ring that bell?

10. MaryJanet

MaryJanet Free Ranging

Resistance? Might be futile... But we could try to have a coop coup?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: