When did your standard Cochins start laying??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by phoebeq, Dec 14, 2009.

1. phoebeq

phoebeq Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2009
    Cotopaxi, Colorado
    Ok, first time poster here...I tried searching for this, but I was not very successful so I apologize if this as already been answered. I am a first time chicken owner. I ordered and recieved 20 "blue" cochin chicks back in June. I have 19 left and they will be 25 weeks tomorrow. They have nesting boxes and all are very healthy, but no eggs yet [​IMG] Everything I read says that most breeds will have started laying by now...and I am just curious when your Cochins started laying. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    My Cochin hen started laying at seven or eight months, I think.

3. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    Mine was about 29 wesks

4. phoebeq

Dec 14, 2009
    Cotopaxi, Colorado
    Thanks guys...so I probably have another month to go...okay, I can handle that [​IMG]

5. Ladyhawke1

Ladyhawke1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Let's see.....I got my Partridge Cochin as a day old chick in March. She is still thinking about it. [​IMG] That is OK because I love her. [​IMG] Her adopted sisters are all laying. [​IMG]

6. phoebeq

Dec 14, 2009
    Cotopaxi, Colorado
    Quote:Well I really hope that mine don't wait that long, lol [​IMG] But, even if they do, I will still love them...they are the cutest and sweetest things in the world, and they keep me very entertained [​IMG]

7. CynthiaM

CynthiaM Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    Webster's Corners, B.C.
    My standard blue cochins began to lay when they were 28 weeks old and two weeks later one went broody.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by