When do ducks quack?

Duck_Newb

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2020
My two Rouen ducks are on the verge of 3 weeks old now. One has started to quack, well more of an uht-uht but not exactly. I haven't been able to get a video/recording because it only does that when I'm not in a position to see them. One is female and the other male. I know the supposed male is pretty chatty especially when he slept. He would always make these peeping noises. I suppose the chatty ones quack first?

Also one is slightly wider and darker. Could that be male? Just a little worried that someone messed up the sexing. The one that's sitting is the supposed drake and the one I suspect is quacking.

Attachments

• 20200702_131140.jpg
    20200702_131140.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 1
My two Rouen ducks are on the verge of 3 weeks old now. One has started to quack, well more of an uht-uht but not exactly. I haven't been able to get a video/recording because it only does that when I'm not in a position to see them. One is female and the other male. I know the supposed male is pretty chatty especially when he slept. He would always make these peeping noises. I suppose the chatty ones quack first?

Also one is slightly wider and darker. Could that be male? Just a little worried that someone messed up the sexing. The one that's sitting is the supposed drake and the one I suspect is quacking.
It is probably the female male's take longer to start quacking

Back
Top Bottom