When do EEs start laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magentamomma, Dec 26, 2009.

1. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    I bought a bunch of mutts, and many are of EE type. ABOUT when do they start to lay? I am trying to remember when my other hens started, but I can't remember.

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

We have had EE's that layed as early as 19 weeks and as late as 26 weeks.

3. feathersnuggles

feathersnuggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Seattle
    I have two. One was purchased from the feed store as an Auraucana/Ameraucana (ha ha!) and the other is a farmyard mutt whose father was a Welsummer and no one knows what breed is her mother.

Anywhooo, the farmyard mutt laid at 24 weeks and the feed store girl laid at 28 weeks. The mutt lays a beige egg and the feed store EE lays a light green egg.

4. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    I have four EEs all approx 20 weeks old. One started laying about 3 days ago, two others are really close as their combs are growing redder & they have been in and out of the nest boxes.

...JP

5. UK Chicken rancher

UK Chicken rancher Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Lewiston, Idaho
    My two didn't start laying until close to 6 mo. one lays a beautiful green egg, the other a brown, not even pink, just brown ;o(!

6. beachchickie

beachchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Alabama
    My EEs started at 20wks and 22wks. I have on now that I believe is going to lay very soon and she is 17wks.

7. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    we have 6 of'em...and they all laid within days of each other. they were about 22 weeks old.

Melinda [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Most of mine hatched out in April and didn't start laying until the end of November... 4 still haven't started that hatched out the end of March.

9. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Hi, We have 3 EE's and one started to lay at 19 weeks, they are now 21 weeks, and the other two are not laying yet, although one seems really ready.[​IMG]

10. SurprisingWoman

SurprisingWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    South Weber, UT
    32 weeks and waiting on my two.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by