when do I remove the hatching chicks

sgraff

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Rutledge, GA
I was wondering when I should remove the hatching chicks if I have an automatic egg turner? And what temp the box should be at tey are paced in. Thanks e

The turner isn't on is it?
They usually come out when they're dry unless there are still some hatching. If so, wait till they're all done.
If they are going in a smallish container, it should be between 90-95F. Usually a 75 watt incandescent on a drop light is sufficient.
A better method is to give them more room with a heat lamp or ceramic emitter on one end and plenty of cool space so they can find their comfort zone. That's how a hen does it. She doesn't heat the whole coop to 95. She provides a hot spot and the rest of the space is cool. They're healthier that way.

Yes the turner is on. Iam at at day 19 but I have eggs that are on day 15 too. I was thinking to remove them one I see it pipped and place in the the warm box trying to recreate 99.5 in the box and let them finish hatching there?

Letting them hatch in a brooder isn't a good idea.
When they pip, they need high humidity. If you open the incubator, they'll shrink wrap and won't be able to hatch.
Better to remove the turner now. You can turn the day 15 eggs by hand a couple more days. They shouldn't be turned after day 18 because they're moving into their hatching position. After the older ones hatch, pull those chicks and up the humidity in the incubator for the later ones.

Back
Top Bottom