When do i stop feeding the chick feed and switch to layers feed??????

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
I have chick feed and its DUMOR 20% chick starter (the kind the store told me to buy) they said to feed until 16 weeks the switch to layers feed, but the bag say to feed until ten weeks then switch to "finisher Grower" until 16 weeks then switch to layers feed. So im all CONFUSED. Please Help Me = ]
Thanks
~Brandon:D

Ditto!
thumbsup.gif

Chick starter for the first 8 weeks at least, if not medicated. If medicated chick start, keep them on it for at least two weeks once they are outside in the coop able to get on the ground. Then switch to finisher/grower until they lay the first egg, then change to layer feed IF you wish.

I do not use layer feed as I have all different ages in my flock. I keep chicks on medicated chick start until 2 weeks after they are outside (I feed them medicated chick starter as long as they are in their "grow out" coop, then I change to "all flock" when I let them out to join the rest of the flock).

The main flock gets All Flock feed all the time. I simply keep crushed oyster shell out free choice, for the hens that may need the extra calcium.

Back
Top Bottom