1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When do Khaki Campbell's start laying?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Oct 18, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    I have one Magpie hen that started laying at 22 weeks. I have two Khaki hens that are about 20 weeks now. Have been figuring they would lay about the first week of November. Just curious as to what other Khaki owners have experienced. (We do supplement light in the duck house through this their first winter).

Of course, I am getting impatient. Love going out and finding those gifts every morning.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    They should start anyday now.

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I only have one. She started laying around 2 weeks ago, and has only missed one day. The day I didn't get an egg I saw her in a different nestbox than the one on the floor she usually uses,so I think she just layed it somewhere else for some reason and I never found it. She was hatched at the end of March.

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Mine all started laying around 5 months old. I had one start a few weeks earlier, but the rest started within days of each other.
    Keep in mind that once they start laying, you may get a few days where they don't all lay. I got an egg from each of them for a few weeks, then it seemed like they were taking turns laying and I'd only get 1 or 2 a day. That lasted a week (or less) and now they are back into the full swing of things, each are laying eggs daily.

flwrldy and degolding like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by