When do pullets/hens start laying eggs??

Peepsicle

Songster
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
Cali
Our pullets, Sunny, BO, Lady Lacey, BR, and Peep, RIR, are almost 3 months old. I am wondering when they will start laying eggs. Should they have started already? Will they start soon? Thank you!!

- Peepsicle

Speck and Lacey

( I also have a BR cockerel named Speckles, but we will have
to find him a home when he starts crowing, due to the law. I
didn't mention him before, b/c I don't think I'll have to worry about
him laying eggs anytime soon!!
tongue.png
)

Peep & Sunny

They are still several weeks away judging by lack of developed wattles and comb. How old are they? Your Pruduction RIR looks like she will be first though, her comb and wattles are starting to come in.

they have a while to go my silkie i have is like 5-6 months old no eggs and my ee is 6-7 months old no eggs yet she will lay within a month .. in pic two what are the breeds ?

Sunny, the yellow one, is a Buff Orpington. She is very friendly and just healed from a severe leg injury. The red one, Peep, is a Rhode Island Red. She is not nearly as friendly, in fact a hate to say it but she's really unfriendly. Not mean, she just doesn't like attention. Both breeds lay a very good amount of large eggs, but ours haven't started laying.
The chickens in the first pic are Speckles, (the lighter one), and Lady Lacey, Lacey for short (the darker one). They are both quite friendly and Lacey will lay a amount of large eggs when she starts laying. They are all great.

They are still several weeks away judging by lack of developed wattles and comb. How old are they? Your Pruduction RIR looks like she will be first though, her comb and wattles are starting to come in.

Sorry it took me so long to get back. They are about 4 1/2 months old.

- Peepsicle !

Back
Top Bottom