When do Salmon Faverolles start to lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jessithy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jessithy

jessithy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Becker, MN
    I have heard that Salmon Faverolles are early maturing birds. Does anyone know when they start to lay?

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Mine have started at about 6-7 months...not any earlier than any other, and a little later than some. I too have read that they are early to mature, but with egg laying, feathering, and color, have found them to fully maure around a year old.

3. jessithy

Mar 23, 2009
    Becker, MN
    Bummer... Mine are 14 weeks now. I was hoping for them to start laying end of Sept. or Oct. Thanks for the info. [​IMG]

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    The good news is that Favs are excellent cold-weather layers, so they won't wait until Spring to start laying like some late-bloomers do, and they will lay faithfully even on the coldest, snowiest days!! [​IMG] I LOVE mine, I'm sure you will too!!

5. jessithy

Mar 23, 2009
    Becker, MN
    I've heard that... Thats a very good thing to hear since I live in Minnesota. The only birds I have that lay in the winter are my Wyandottes, and my Maran. My polish and silkies forget it!!! I got the Faverolles because I needed a few more winter laying hens and they are very beautiful. I just love them girls:)

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Where did you find your faverolles?? I'm having a heck of a time finding more!!

7. jessithy

Mar 23, 2009
    Becker, MN
    Duane Urch from Turnland Poultry in Minnesota 507-451-6782

Put his name in search on this forum... thats how I found him.

He has beautiful Faverolles:D

8. Christina2013

Christina2013 New Egg

Aug 7, 2013
    Hiya, I understand your looking for some Salmon Faverolles ? I have 2 lovely hen and a beautiful male.
    Due to not being able to keep them anymore i have to get rid of them :-( and would love them to all go together to a lovely home, as i have had them since they were a few days old and wouldnt like to spilt them up x

9. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    This is an almost four year old thread....

Where did your birds originate from?

10. Jacqdiva

Jacqdiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I have 4 standard salmon Faverolles hens and a rooster. The girls are 10 months old an no eggs. I just can't believe this! Is it normal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by