When do they Hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3monsters, Nov 26, 2012.

1. 3monsters

3monsters New Egg

Apr 15, 2012
    Hey everyone, i was just wondering when my chicks will hatch?

I have two broody hens that share a nest wit 2 fertile eggs. we did have 3 eggs but they ate one about a week ago.
    i got my fertile eggs 24 days ago, but there is still no sign of them? I candeld them a few days ago and they look good, but i just dont know why they havent hatched yet? Does anyone know why?

And do you think i should seperate them because there are two hens on two eggs? they will be first time mums...... i just dont want them to fight over the chicks and hurt them......

2. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I would separate them. I worry that the chicks are dead inside the shell. Having 2 moms like that often leads to a very poor hatch. Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you. Good luck hope they hatch!

3. 3monsters

3monsters New Egg

Apr 15, 2012
    Hey thanks for writing back, how would i find out if they are dead? They were sitting on the eggs the whole time, just got off about 5 min. a day... and it was pretty hot here the last few weeks. I live in Australia. not sure what to do....... :O(

4. 3monsters

3monsters New Egg

Apr 15, 2012
    Day 25 and still no chicks.... :O(

5. chicksooner

chicksooner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Oklahoma
    you can try float testing. I think the instructions are stickied at the top of the incubation and hatching threads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by