When do they start rocking and can you hear them cheep in the shell?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Emilys3guppies, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    When can I expect to see some rocking with my day 15 coturnix eggs? What about cheeping? Will I be able to hear it in a quiet room?

Thanks!
    Emily

2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

My quail eggs started rocking day 14, but some never did and still hatched. You could be able to hear cheeping, but with the 'bator lid on you may not be able to. And on lockdown dont open the lid. [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I very rarely see rocking in my eggs, and when I do it's usually because they are zipping [​IMG]
    I have never heard them peep in the shell either, but they sure are loud when they come out!

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I usually hear cheeping before they hatch, but the bator's in my bedroom so it's pretty quiet in there.

5. First To Hatch

First To Hatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    I never have signs until they are pipping or zipping.

6. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    My first one to hatch ever (last night) was cheeping in the shell soooo loud! I thought this was normal but none of the other ones did that. Actually he cheeps all the time and is the only loud one in the bunch. I don't no what to do to shut the poor little thing up. When i put my hand in there they all jump in it and it is soooo cute!!

7. ken429h

ken429h Out to Lunch

Jul 14, 2009
    Lawrenceville, GA
    If a chick peeps in the shell and no one hears it, does it really make a sound?
    Of course it does. There is a tone of scientific evidence that proves it does.
    [​IMG]

Ken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by