When Do You Know? Puppies?

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
A friend called me up madder then fire. Seems her neighbors dog came over; uninvited; and bred their black lab huskie cross dog.
Their neighbor was hoping he bred their austrailian sheperd instead.
smack.gif

Neighbors dog is a border collie.
They live 3 miles from each other.
Dog won't stay home now and is over there all the time and neighbor will not keep him penned.
Friends are keeping the other dog with them all the time or in the house.

Now I have never bred a dog and she is asking questions I have no answer to.
Will an EPT pregnancy test work on a dog?
How soon will they know she is bred?
If she is bred, when will she start dropping her milk?

Before you ask, they cannot catch the dog, they have tried. As soon as they step out the door the dog is running full speed away.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

They can get her spayed now - that is the best thing if they weren't intending on puppies from their traveling salesman.....An EPT won't work on a dog, picks up human hcg.

Murphy's Law: If you plan a breeding, take all necessary precautions and do all necessary testing ... breed several times during heat cycle ... your grump has a good chance of a miss.
If your neighbor's dog accidentally gets your grump, you can be certain she is bred and expect puppies in 63 days (unless you get her spayed immediately).
roll.png

I think 32 days post breeding you can have her blood tested, the urine sticks do not work.

The test is a rapid test, mine cost about 80.00 i think including the office visit. it shows up either 2 lines or 1.

OR they could still spay her now.

Back
Top Bottom