When do you open presents?

shay20

Shay's Flock of Fun
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
in the wild, Mass
Hello, so who is naughty and who is nice?
Our tradition is open 1 at midnight and the rest in the morning.
althou we would want to sneak back out and open more but did not dear to.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Im usually naughty and convince people to open presents early
tongue.png
but this year i had an excuse and we opened most of our presents early because our family isnt getting together on christmas day. Theres still a couple under the tree though...
But if im forced to be nice, we open one present each on Christmas eve, and the rest on Christmas morning.

I have nice kids with naughty moments
tongue.png

In our family, the kids exchange their gifts to each other on Christmas Eve after evening mass and if the kids got us presents, we'd open them then, too.

Christmas morning the kids open their gifts from Santa and from us.

We open all our presents on Christmas Morning, and then for Christmas dinner we open all the other family presents (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc...)

That's kinda just how it always worked out for us.
hmm.png
I think one year we opened one each on Christmas Day, but that was because the aunt that gave us the presents wouldn't be there the next day.

I know, I'm a bore.
lol.png

All my brothers and sisters pick a siblings name out of a hat to buy for and then we open the presant from the sibling on christmas eve and the rest the next morning.

We open christmas presents at MY parents Christmas Eve after church because 'Santa'
wink.png
goes there first and doesn't come to OUR house until after the kids go to bed. In the morning WE open presents at our house.

Quote:
Good thing you opened the present with the puppy in it already. I don't think he would have lasted 'til Christmas.
wink.png

We let the kids have one gift Christmas eve (one we select) then they get the rest on Christmas morning.

Honestly if I let them open any more on Christmas eve - or wild "wind me up" toys and things like that - they'd NEVER go to bed!

That is the way my family did it when I was growing up - my hubby's family opened all their gifts on Christmas eve.

Back
Top Bottom