When do you start hearing peeping?

Poultrybonkers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
Its so hard not to candle to see if im wasteing my time. I hope we both get fluffy chicks.

MamaMarcy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Snohomish, WA
One of mine is also day 20. No peeping here yet. I'm terrible, though, I candled last night and saw lots of wiggling.
I'll wait with you
Mine is a barred rock hen and white frizzle bantam roo mix. VERY special to me. I have another of the same on day 19. I also just had a wyandotte hatch perfectly on day 23

loanwizard

Songster
8 Years
Aug 22, 2011
Coshocton, Ohio- 3 Years Ckns
I will not open my bator after day 18 unless to add water. Interesting the way you candled from the end. From the video, I couldn't tell if they were good or not. I place my eggs flat on a box with a hole and shine the light up from the bottom through the side of the egg. I thought that all I saw was an embryo in there not nearly developed for day 17 or 18, but I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG. I am not a pro, but I tossed 11 eggs that weren't solid black in the middle.

Poultrybonkers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
Quote:I kinda candled yesterday to to see if if they were moving. I seen one moving the others were to dark.
so im not candling anymore i got more eggs going in tomorrow hopefully these will hatch since i paid for them.

Top Bottom