When do you start hearing peeping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poultrybonkers, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    My eggs are on day 20 and nothing I have a feeling there not gonna hatch [​IMG]

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Patience, Grasshopper. Did you peep to them? Try it!

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends largely on your temperature. You should be seeing pips and hear peeping now, but don't get overly excited. It can be day 21 or 22 before anything happens too.

4. loanwizard

Did you candle them before lockdown? That should tell you right there if they were viable. By day 20 you just have to wait.

5. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:
    that was day 17

6. h8snags

h8snags Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Murray, UT
    Quote:Day 20 for me too, and I have the same feeling [​IMG]... I'm crossing my fingers for the both of us!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Its so hard not to candle to see if im wasteing my time. I hope we both get fluffy chicks. [​IMG]

8. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    One of mine is also day 20. No peeping here yet. I'm terrible, though, I candled last night and saw lots of wiggling. [​IMG] I'll wait with you [​IMG] Mine is a barred rock hen and white frizzle bantam roo mix. VERY special to me. I have another of the same on day 19. I also just had a wyandotte hatch perfectly on day 23

9. loanwizard

I will not open my bator after day 18 unless to add water. Interesting the way you candled from the end. From the video, I couldn't tell if they were good or not. I place my eggs flat on a box with a hole and shine the light up from the bottom through the side of the egg. I thought that all I saw was an embryo in there not nearly developed for day 17 or 18, but I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG. I am not a pro, but I tossed 11 eggs that weren't solid black in the middle.

10. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:I kinda candled yesterday to to see if if they were moving. I seen one moving the others were to dark. [​IMG] so im not candling anymore i got more eggs going in tomorrow hopefully these will hatch since i paid for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by