When do you think she is going to kid(pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by adorable, Feb 24, 2009.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    [​IMG]
    I had a hard time to take a picture of her udder. But i hope this helps.
    [​IMG]
    The problem here is the guy i bought the goats from .Didnt know the date when there were bred. SO i have no idea
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I can't tell by the pics; is her VaJJ gaping, oozing, swollen and tall?

3. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I don't think she's very close based on how small her udder looks...but all that hair, LOL! Still, maybe a month?

What day did you buy them? I mean, that at least gives you the last possible due date and you can go from there.

4. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I bought them 2 and half weeks ago(feb 7).Oh ya she is Mostly pygmy with something. Not to sure what

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Ah that picture you added looks far different from the walking picture...

2-3 weeks, maybe less...will she let you feel her udder and check her ligaments?

6. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Ya the second picture .She is running. She dosnt like me coming close to her. The last picture. SHe was standing still long enough for me to get a picture. I cant touch her. SHe will eat out of my hand . But that is it.

7. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Without being able to get your hands on her you are probably going to just have to watch and wait!

8. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Her udder should look much more full and shiny when she is ready but oy! all the hair on the udder!!! LOL.

9. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    never, hahahahahaha, they make you wait you know. She looks like she could be anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months still. Has she kidded before? With the udder the size it is if its her first kidding I owuld put her closer than later, if she has kidded before her udder can be that size earlier on. The hairy udder is pretty normal here, since I have pygmy goats they dont usually get theirs shaved. She looks very pygmy so keep an eye and her and be ready to help, though most pygmy cross generally do ok.

10. Yes, her utter should be full and shiny. She may even paw the ground of her litter, sign of nest building. Her Vajj will leak a mucus and elongate. She may even make more goat noises to her impending labor to come.

I hope this helps..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by