When do your chickens wake up??

JanetS

Songster
Jun 22, 2012
My chickens are up and laying eggs around 5:30 to 6:00 am every day. They come out of the coop into the run when it's still dark out. Sunrise is around 7am. I don't have any roosters. Just hens. Do your chickens do this?

I let mine out at 5:30am once(the earliest time yet), but they didnt come out right away.....it was still dark, and i dont think they came out till 6 which was when it started to get light
I usually let them out at 7:00am on week days, and 6:30am on weekends, and by that time theyre awake and come out right away.

Mine come out as soon as they can see. I have automatic pop doors, so they usually come out as soon as those open. I went out this morning a little after 6AM and had several out already.

Just about the same as others have said. I normally open the barn doors each morning around 6 am and already have a few early morning eggs to collect. They seem to all be finished laying around 11 am. My flock never venture outdoors until it's good day light though.

No, I don't think anything is bothering them. I think they are just early risers. We did add on to the roost to give them more room just in case that was an issue. They also have a fan in the coop since it gets warm here in Florida. It possible they are hot and go out in the run to cool off. They do get light from a street light that shines into their coop and run. They are not in total darkness. I also leave their door open so they can come out into the secure run to their food and water. They were up this morning at 5:45 am singing their egg song. They are happy, healthy chicken that are a little on the hyper side. I don't think there is a problem but was just wondering if most chicken were up as early as mine.

Thanks for your replies.

Back
Top Bottom