when does a frizzle...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cagdalex, May 14, 2008.

1. cagdalex

cagdalex In the Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Cleveland, TX
    :When does a frizzle frizzle?[​IMG]

2. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Crowing

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    If they are going to be frizzled, their first feathers should be frizzled. You should be able to tell at just a few days old whether a chick is frizzled or not.

Matt

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    mine were hatched monday. Please let them frizzle...

4. cagdalex

cagdalex In the Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Cleveland, TX
    do you have any pics of week old frizzles?

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Crowing

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
  6. Kanchii

Kanchii Songster

It'll be very clear if they're frizzled or not as soon as they get some wing feathers in.

7. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Songster

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    A frizzles feathers will start to frizzle as soon as they get feathers. At about a week is when you will start to see. I have some frizzle eggs due to hatch on Friday, cant wait to see what I get.

~Casey

8. SkyRoo

SkyRoo In the Brooder

Mar 6, 2008
    this is a photo of one of our frizzle cochins when he was a bit over a week old...hope these help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the frizzle wing feathers was obvious a bit younger age than these above photos...but this was youngest I could find in our pictures to share with ya.

the very first tip of their wing feathers turned up and outward...compared to smooth feather chicks at about 5 days age.

9. k625

k625 Songster

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Wow, this post has been extremely helpful, I am going to go look at my babies today that friend hatched out for me, so I will be looking for my firzzled babies..hopefully I have at least one.

Does anyone know the odds of what you get when you breed a frizzled polish to a silkie?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: