When I take my dog outside, this is where he likes to sit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chicken_china_mom, May 14, 2010.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's a chihuahua and my daughter tried to take him to 4-H last year, but he absolutely REFUSED to sit for her while in training, but he would come home, come in the house, and sit on command, but ONLY on the couch, the bed, or any blankets left on the floor. Then we realized, he doesn't like the feeling of anything that isn't soft under his butt! He absolutely will NOT sit down outside on grass, concrete, asphault, etc. He'll only sit on his doxie brother. Inside the house he will not sit on the tile or wood floors either. Talk about a diva... [​IMG]

2. homesteadingcowgirl

homesteadingcowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Lol Lol Lol

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    How funny is that! Very cute......maybe he's just a tad bit spoiled? LOL:p

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    OMG

What a hoot

5. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    I have a tiny little female Schnauzer that does the exact same thing. She sits on her best friend, Ozzie, I think it's because she likes to to sit and lay on him because she likes to be warm.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] thats hilarious!!! Great pics, thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

7. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    [email protected] acres farm :

I have a tiny little female Schnauzer that does the exact same thing. She sits on her best friend, Ozzie, I think it's because she likes to to sit and lay on him because she likes to be warm.

If I didn't have much fur on my behind (which I DON'T), I'd sit on something warm, too! [​IMG]

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    In the rain or snow (or even in dewy grass), my Boston Terrier used to run across the yard on 3 legs - he didn't like all 4 feet to be wet! [​IMG]

The neighbors saw him do it and pointed out to me that it looks like my dog hurt his paw - I had to explain his little fetish to them.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think The Britt is right on the money. Went to an outdoor dog obedience trial one day. It was raining, and the grass was wet. A doberman who was incredibly trained would lower her butt to within about an inch of the ground on her sits. It was hysterical. There was absolutely no way she was getting her behind wet.

10. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    That is cute...
    ....and I hate to be a debbie downer (sorry if anyones name is debbie [​IMG]) but I think it might possibly be a alpha type thing going on..?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by