When is an EE no longer an EE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansaseq

Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
NE Kansas
So if I cross my EE hens with a different breed, are the offspring still considered EE's?

Last edited:
I would say no. IMO, EE are not mutts and if mixed with other breeds then they would be a mutt.
big_smile.png
Like I said its my own opinion!
wink.png

This is one of those threads that for some reason could get ugly. People get really ill about this for some reason.
hu.gif

Quote:
Oh I hope not. I am genuinely interested in people's opinions/experience. Not trying to start any heated political debate, just want to know. I've heard enough people say that EE are mutts, so I am really curious.

I thought the definition of an EE was a mixed breed that descended from either Araucana or Ameraucana heritage that passed on the blue egg laying gene. Green legs seem to be a quick identifier for EEs. So perhaps if they've been crossed out enough that their legs are no longer green, they would be considered just mutts?
hu.gif

Quote:
Ok. If I have an "EE" hen who lays a brownish egg? Would she not be considered an EE?

Last edited:
Quote:
According to some...an EE can be a PURE ameraucana (bred from 2 pure ameraucanas) and not be the exact right color and be an EE! So... green legs is not an identifier.
smile.png

Quote:
Ok. If I have an "EE" hen who lays a brownish egg? Would she not be considered an EE?

This is so complicated!
smile.png

It all depends on the person you ask!
smile.png

Quote:
If you're looking for opinions...

There is no such breed as Easter Egger. Easter Eggers are simply the description given to any mixed descendant of an Araucana or Ameraucana that lays tinted (blue or green) eggs (or in the case of a rooster, carries the dominant tinted egg gene).

A hen that does not lay tinted eggs isn't an Easter Egger.

Again, just my opinion.

Quote:
If you're looking for opinions...

There is no such breed as Easter Egger. Easter Eggers are simply the description given to any mixed descendant of an Araucana or Ameraucana that lays tinted (blue or green) eggs (or in the case of a rooster, carries the dominant tinted egg gene).

A hen that does not lay tinted eggs isn't an Easter Egger.

Again, just my opinion.

I like that answer; it makes sense. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom