When is the best day to ship out live birds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkieluver_07, Aug 15, 2010.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    The weather is really nice this week and I was hoping to maybe ship a trio of silkies. What day is the best to ship?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Monday or Tuesday. No later than Wed. [​IMG]

3. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Thanyou Stephanie. I plan on going to the post office tomorrow and getting everyone weighed etc. [​IMG]

4. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I usually try to ship birds on Tuesday, so that the PO is caught up (hopefully from the weekend) and Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest so birds can arrive before the weekend.

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I would go more by the weather than the day of the week. It has to by law be under 85 degrees (and over 35 I believe?). I would check the temps in both locations and then go by that. One thing we forget is that the mail doesn't stop moving over the weekend either.

6. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country
    Due to all the heat around the country better check with post office and see if you can even ship, you should also check with them on day and time to ship as some areas they do not go to all the time.

7. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Will do as you suggested. I just am going tomrrrow to find out info about shipping etc. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by