When is the mailman coming? When When?? they are here

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Feb 6, 2009.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am on the edge here .I am in agony i need eggs NOW. Today or saturday my dutch bantam aggs are coming. THe bator is running since wednesday and while I was working on it my dog ate my digital therometerIam not kidding,she ate half of itNo i have to make Wallyworld run tonight. Anybody else setting tomorrow or sunday? And what do you have ? My dutch bantys will be Light Brown,black, Cream Light Brown and Self Blue. I hope for lots of self blue and blacks.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Well, I set some yesterday evening and again tonight. Quail Buttons and courtnix/Pharoah

3. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    THey came in. THree of every color. They are sooo small. The smallest is just 21gram and the biggest 34gram. I might have to put a quail rack in the turner for the three tiny black ones. Right now the are resting small side down/large up in a egg carton in one of my kitchen cabinets. I will set as close to midnight as i can. Oh i hope i can get a self blue pullet or two those are my favs.My three year old , Samantha, was with me when i unpacked them.She asked me "Mommy is there a baby bird in there? Dont hurt the baby chickies" Then she started petting the eggs and said "I love you baby chicky"

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

AWWWW how cute! [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:She is a farm animal-aholic. She wants a pet pig since she is a ear old. Everytime she sees a toy pig she wants to buy it. If for anything we have to move out to the country for her one day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by