1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When is the next Northern NY Poultry Fanciers swap meet in Madrid, NY?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by reveriereptile, Mar 16, 2011.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I'm trying to find the dates for this years swap meets and shows. I've seen some dates for the Waddington, NY show but it isn't till around fall time. I know Madrid usually has the swap meet sometime during spring. I don't want to miss the first one of the year since I might like to buy something.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. shellz131

shellz131 Sams Memory Lane

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    the one I know about is on may 1st there will also be two swaps on june 25th..one in Malone and the other in Huelvelton (sp?)

3. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Thanks for the information. I didn't know Heuvelton had bird swaps. I'll still keep a look out for the others and post the information on here when I find out. I know other members on here are around this area also.

4. juscaroras

juscaroras New Egg

Mar 17, 2011
    Do you know if they do rabbits too? I am new (beekmantown area) and trying to find a swap.
    Thanks!

5. shellz131

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    First off welcome to the greatest site on chickens ever Juscaroras [​IMG] here is a link to the planing of the swap in Huevelton https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439952
    my
    opinion on it is DO NOT MISS [​IMG]
    we had one in Onciota last year and Sonew hosted it and it was great...[​IMG]
    they had a little bit of everything there including rabbits and this year I believe there will be goats as well
    hop:jumpye to see everyone one in Madrid this year ..I will be helping run a concession stand there this year

6. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I've always seen rabbits at the ones I've went to in Madrid and Waddington. Usually people standing outside during the show/swap with some and people put them in the auctions too.

7. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Anyone find out when the first Madrid swap meet is? I'm assuming it should be next month.

8. shellz131

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    Yes it is next month on the 1st

9. windsofhoney

windsofhoney Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2009
    What time the madrid swap start and where is the malone one?
    thanks

10. shellz131

Jun 28, 2010
    Malone Ny
    Quote:the malone one will be at the fairgrounds on the 25th of june and I think the one in Madrid will open around 7 or 8 am

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by