When is the ROOSTER safe with all these girls?? *PIC HEAVY*

ILoveJoe

Songster
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Northern Kentucky
When can Hoss be safely introduced to the girls? Are the girls to young to have Hoss around? Will he try to breed them even that young? He is probably 2 years or older.

Today is day three for the 6 week old girls to be out in the coop and small enclosed run, there are 21 of them.

DSC_0003-3.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

The rooster Hoss, who still lives in the backyard in a hutch stopped by last night on his way to the tree.

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

The conversation seemed amiable enough.

DSC_0062.jpg

These girls stay up way LATER then this old man, you can see Hoss toodling off on his way to the tree:

DSC_0063-2.jpg

Last edited:
If it were my flock of cute little girls, I'd let them enjoy their peaceful innocence for several more weeks. Hoss can wait!

I agree with Buff.

BTW, the picture with Hoss walking by the barn with a kittly up in the opening is way cute. Hoss is a good-looking dude.

Great pics!

It's so funny how the younger ones don't retire for the evening as early as the older ones. Seems like our hens go to bed earlier and earlier as they get older.

Quote:
Yes it is... it's postcard perfect!

Here you go, a little touch-up and it's ready for Hallmark!

DSC_0064.jpg
cat-n-roo.jpg

smile.png

Last edited:
Hoss, is very handsome!!! What breed is he? You have some very cute chicks!! What camera did you use to take your pictures?

Back
Top Bottom