When my California cousins came to the chicken coop.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Peachesbabychick, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

This is the story of when my california cousins, came to visit our farm. First of all, as you may have guessed, they are big time city kids. I took them to the chicken coop, and asked them if they would like to go in the pen or hold one of the babies. This is the boy 14: Oh uh no thanks, I don't want my toes pecked off! (he was completely serious) I couldn't help but crack up. So I held my buff orp, peaches in front of him and pushed her head forward (to simulate her reaching out to peck him) I was shocked to hear a 14 yr old boy screech like a little girl! Then I attempted to get my girl cousins to hold a chicken.....that didn't go very well when Cookie tried to fly away. Whenever my rooster, Sheldon crowed, they would scream nonstop! For a country girl, this was pretty amazing. On top of that, they thought it was the best thing ever to put eggs in the carton, these are teen-agers! They were DEATHLY afraid of sweet buff orpingtons! When the hens would follow them( for corn) they thought they were attacking them! Anyway, pretty good entertainment. I LOVE chickens! [​IMG]

Thanks, Erin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  2. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]...I'm a city boy, but country @ heart...try living in the city...I get the funniest looks when people come visit and we go out to the back yard!!! lol My coop is like an attraction on our street! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by