When no one knows what is going on in someone's life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Jul 16, 2011.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    It has been such a ruff few months. Wow.

How is it that people can set in judgement of someone when they have no clue of what may be going on in someone's life???

The past several months has been filled with prayers and worry about my brother living long enough to get strong enough for the doctor's to do heart surgery. They finally decided some of the things had to be done and did the surgery this past Thursday, July 14. They fixed one valve, replaced one valve, worked on trying to fix the leakage around the wires of his implanted defib/pacemaker, and a few other things wrong with his heart. They now hope for him to go through recovery and work at getting strong enough to under go another surgery to try to fix the other 4-5 things wrong with his heart.

Of course, none of it will cure the disease. It is incurable and unfixable. But they can do some things to extend your life. (our mom died of the disease, as did three of her siblings and her mother). My brother has the disease and so do I.

I can not begin to put into words or even explain what the past months have been like.

To add all that stress to what has been going on, I have been losing bunches of chickens to raccoons, and have tried about everything there is to catch them. Nothing, and I do mean *nothing* would work. To have all that added death and sadness has been about too much to handle on top of everything else.

Wow, it has been so beyond over whelming.

I have also been so surprised at how quick people are to judge someone they don't really know and they have totally no clue of what may be happening in that person's life. I can not believe how I can still be amazed at how quick people are to not stop and think before condeming, finding fault, etc. with someone.

Thanks for letting me blow off some of the pressure, sometimes you just have to let it go. (like the safety plug on a pressure cooker. lol)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Hope things get better for you and your family soon.

3. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

May things work out for you and your family

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Hugs and prayers!

5. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Hope things get better for you and your family soon.
    As for the coons......If you dont have any pets out roaming the area where your chickens are. Buy some antifreeze and some cat food. Soak the cat food lightly in the antifreeze and the coons will be soon gone. This is extreme but it does seem like you have been unsuccesful in other ways of liquidating the problem. Coons are pesky buggers and very intelligent......Some are very wary of a trap and will not go into one unless they are really hungry. I know all too well the damage coons can do a chicken population. I lost 15 years of hard work on several breeds in just a couple of nights....

6. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    I hope things start looking up for you real soon. Prayers for your brother to get strong enough and for all of you to get through this together. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by