when selling eggs...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by wjallen05, Jan 9, 2009.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    do yall include an egg carton? I read where a lot of you sell eggs for $1-2 a dozen. That seems pretty cheap to me...? I was thinking of selling eggs for $3/dozen but that's including an egg carton.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    We sell for $3.00 a dozen and include an egg carton. Our chickens are organically fed and we usually get the egg cartons back from the customers.

3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I sell mine for $3, which includes a beautiful, clear plastic carton with nutrition label and everything. [​IMG] I'm also going back to organic feed even though I can't technically call my flock/eggs organic. What they eat now has more impact on their eggs than what they ate growing up....

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I'm curious - how else would you sell a dozen eggs but in a carton? I sell mine for $3.00 and yes, it includes a carton, I think they were $.245 piece in quantity from eggcartons.com.

5. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    I know someone here local who does not sell egg cartons, you must provide your own. I think he sells the eggs for $1.50 a dozen.

I was wondering about the folks on here who sell eggs for $1 a dozen, after you buy the cartons, it doesn't seem like you'd be making much of a profit.

Or you could ask costomers to save the egg cartons, and lower the price per dozen.

Just wondering what other people are doing.

6. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    We sell for $2/dozen in a carton. I do ask my customers to return the cartons so I can reuse....most will supply me with extras if they have them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by