Jes78b

Chirping
Oct 26, 2018
Hawkeye aka Hula girl is my favorite girl. From the day I discovered her beak was a little different from her mates she did nothing but fight. She proved to me time after time I was wrong, she was a tough old bird, and she would fight for her life against all odds. I decided to trim the upper beak and move her inside, and I was in love from that day on. My mom would text me to check on her and jokingly and say "did you ever think 10 years ago you'd let a chicken live in your house". I'd reply with, "she'll be laying gold eggs soon".
I'm just sad, she stopped fighting today. She's still alive but the fight's gone, and I don't know what to do. She's tired, and I know In my heart she's ready to go. Anyway, I don't know if I have a question, if you have advise I'll take it. Basically this is just a tribute to her strong heart, and a loving spirit, as I sit up with her in possibly her last days.
20181123_215952.jpg

Don't despair, she may be just feeling a bit old and low and bounce back. 10's a great age; most don't enjoy anything like as long, so she was lucky to have you and you did a great job! If it does turn out to be the end, someone recently started a thread you might like, https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/in-loving-memory-of.1274093/

Hawkeye aka Hula girl is my favorite girl. From the day I discovered her beak was a little different from her mates she did nothing but fight. She proved to me time after time I was wrong, she was a tough old bird, and she would fight for her life against all odds. I decided to trim the upper beak and move her inside, and I was in love from that day on. My mom would text me to check on her and jokingly and say "did you ever think 10 years ago you'd let a chicken live in your house". I'd reply with, "she'll be laying gold eggs soon".
I'm just sad, she stopped fighting today. She's still alive but the fight's gone, and I don't know what to do. She's tired, and I know In my heart she's ready to go. Anyway, I don't know if I have a question, if you have advise I'll take it. Basically this is just a tribute to her strong heart, and a loving spirit, as I sit up with her in possibly her last days.
View attachment 1598422
:hugs So sorry.

This story made me think of the word "aloha." It is both a greeting and something you say upon departure. It's also a way of life that embraces love and commission and empathy.

Seems so fitting for you and Hula Girl.

Back
Top Bottom