when should hens start laying again after molting

jammyjammy2112

Songster
7 Years
May 23, 2012
ireland
hello my hens stopped laying in october they started molting thee are still a few hens moldting now but this year was a very bad egg laying year for my hens oldest hens i have are about 4 but i have only 5 4 year old hens the rest are young the youngest being 4 months they i have 22 hens 1 rooster and 1 young rooster and 1 pullet 4 months when yu i start recieving eggs again :) thanks

Mine also stopped in October and I still have two that are obviously in their molt. I got my first egg yesterday. I really didn't expect to see one til next month. Of course, every flock is different. Mine are also a little older, two to four years old, more or less.

Mine also stopped in October and I still have two that are obviously in their molt. I got my first egg yesterday. I really didn't expect to see one til next month. Of course, every flock is different. Mine are also a little older, two to four years old, more or less.

I am experiencing almost the same thing, with the same aged flock (2.5 years). The molt began in October, and one hen began laying in late November. The rest have yet to resume.

would a big scare couse the hens to not lay for even longer becouse mine were just attacked saturday night by a mink killed 11 hens including the one in my profil picture :'( he/she/they took 5 away with them (the one in my profil pick) only ate the heads of 2 they just killed 4 for fun our they were going to collect them later so i have 12 hens left 1 rooster silkie left so i had 24 and iv 11 left would that disrupt the flock for even later starting to lay
rant.gif
hit.gif

i hope it will chang but i have no more molting hens they were all killed
hit.gif
but i still have 13 hens left

is there any ideas how to get them to start laying sooner

Back
Top Bottom