Sadly last night, a fox got into our chicken coop and managed to get one of our two chickens. I feel horrible. I know these things happen and my husband has said it's just one of those things, the circle of life, blah blah blah but I feel sad thinking about what our poor chicken went through. I'd make a rubbish farmer ha! Anyway my remaining chicken is unharmed but clearly traumatised as she won't come out if the hutch. So now I just have 1 chicken, I'm going to need to get another. When do you think I should do this? I had pecking order problems with previous chickens which was a nightmare but would it be an idea to get one today where she isn't quite herself or should I wait a bit?