When should I stop turning Goose eggs I heard 25 and 27th day

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lorriejd, May 12, 2009.

1. lorriejd

lorriejd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    I live in Florida and the weather is hot 90 everyday. Could the eggs have set at the post office? Also someone told me to put the big end of the egg in water for one min. everyday after day 14 is that a good thing to do?
    What would you recommend for humuity? I keep hearing different answers. Im not sure what to do.

2. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    no idea, but here is a bump for ya.

3. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Not sure what kind of geese you are hatching, but
    Day 1-25 keep your humidity around 86-88% and bump it up to 94% Day 26-28. Stop turning on Day 26.

If you don't have an automatic turner, turn 3-7 times a day, always an odd number so it rests on a different side each night.

Resting and misting eggs is done by many people, but I do not do that for my dewlap toulouse geese as I follow hatching instructions from a couple of breeders who don't subscribe to that procedure. But, MANY people have VERY successful hatches following that practice. But, I would yield to one of those who do this to give you the benefit of their knowledge and experience.

I'm not sure what you are asking about the post office, so I can't answer you on that one.

4. lorriejd

lorriejd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    They are Sebastopols Geese eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by