When the cock crows...

chicken_noob

Songster
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
Chehalis WA.
How often does your cock crow. We got a set (roo/hen) from a friend and he seems to crow every 10seconds for 2hours.. He is in his isolation pen and wasn't sure if that's part of the reason or if he's just a noisy bird.

My rooster crows randomly. He will crow in the morning, and also if he sees me come into the yard. He doesn't usually just crow over and over for long periods of time. I think he crows sometimes when he gets excited.

I have two younger roosters who haven't crowed yet, and they're getting pretty big. Just waiting.......

Yeah they can crow whenever for whatever reason!

No rhyme or reason to a rooster sometimes. They'll also crow to notify the hens of food or danger... and usually its just to show they are there at all! I have one that used to crow all night long! 1am, 2am, 3 am.... he went to chill in the cooler eventually!
lol.png

I usually have anywhere from 15-25 cockerels and roosters at any given time. When do they crow? They start about 4:30 in the morning and crow all day until dusk
lol.png
We cannot count to 10 before we here another crow at our house. Believe me, we've tried it several times
roll.png

Yep, anytime they feel like it.
big_smile.png
Mine would crow in the middle of the night, too. Just now a friend stopped at the feed store for me and they have a rooster there that crowed at least 5x within the span of a 30 second phone call, lol.

Back
Top Bottom