when to call it?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by allanimals21, Sep 15, 2009.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Its been 24 days and no hatching? Is it safe to call this one over and see whats inside the eggs? I came home and my temp went up to 103 while I was gone this afternoon. Have anther batch in with this one that has 5 days or so? another question is can you make up for humidity not being right? If it was too low for awhile can increasing it save the hatch?

2. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Not sure about that last question, to be honest - I figure yes but I am uneducated in this area!

I personally wait until the end of day 24 before I candle. If anything is alive still, I create a small pip for the chick.

~Cherlyn

3. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    ok another thing. I don't ever see anything moving...I dont know if I maybe don't have the right set up? but the last time I cracked eggs I swear on everything I didnt see movement in them. The one was alive when I opened the egg but obviously died. The others I looked at like 2 days before I cracked the eggs and didn't see anything. Could they have been dead those two days before I cracked them open?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by