When to Expect First Eggs of New Year in Middle TN?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mgarrett, Jan 18, 2013.

1. mgarrett

mgarrett Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Tennessee
    I didn't want to force my girls to lay through Winter, so I've been eggless for a few months now. Needless to say- I'm dying for my girls to start laying again.

I know it won't be anytime super soon, but for those of you near TN and who let your girls lay on their natural schedule, when can I expect to be seeing eggs again!?

2. POULTRY 104

POULTRY 104 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2013
    I'm In Robertson county.First off what breed do u have?

3. mgarrett

mgarrett Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Tennessee
    Somehow I am just now seeing your response to this! I apologize for not getting back to you- I thought no one answered! I'm in Montgomery County, so we're practically neighbors. I have 2 Buff Orpingtons and 1 SLW. I should've thought when I posted that would be important info to include. They started laying again around the first week of February, which I was very happy about! Everything is still a learning process for me :)

4. POULTRY 104

POULTRY 104 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2013
    Don't worry about not getting my response, I understand. That's really exciting that you got your first egg. I still remember when I got my first. It's something how your in Montgomery county. I'm right on the edge to the line so I can walk to the Montgomery line. I also have a Buff Orpington and she layed through the whole winter. Although I do not have a SLW but was at rural king thinking to buy some soon. But anyways usually on the natural ways hens might cut out laying around November and start back January to Febuary. Although with this crazy Middle TN weather yout egg production might have an increase in production. I hope that helps! If you have any questions don't bother to ask I absolutely love to answer questions. Congratulations on your first egg and good luck with your flock.

- Brenden

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by