When to expect Muscovy eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Mar 7, 2009.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

My drake has been breeding 1 of our scovy gals for about 1 1/2 wks now. Does anyone know when I might expect to see the first eggs? [​IMG]

2. BaronRenfrew

BaronRenfrew Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd be surprised if you get eggs in March. Mine didn't lay until mid-april.

3. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I live in Indiana and my muscovy hen has been laying.. She has a nest with 6 eggs in the barn..... my geese have been laying for over 3 weeks now... i will have eggs for sale later on this spring.... I went to an auction and they are really popular this year and bringing more money than any other types of ducks.. and to think people used to call them ugly vultures....[​IMG] I love their personality and they do grow on ya...

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I am down here in SC, it all depends...

Are the females first time layers? If so, you prob. won't see eggs until around mid-april.

If they are older ducks, you can expect eggs in about 2 or so weeks.

I have a muscovie hen that has already hatched a brood, and another one about to hatch some.. and thats already this year! [​IMG]

5. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    When you live in a cold claimte they take their sweet time to get going in the spring.
    Hang in there. [​IMG]

6. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] The girls are laying!!! I found a clutch of 6 a few days ago. 3 of the girls are now laying. Gwen laid an egg for the first time today. Arwen is the only one not laying yet and she is about 2mo. younger than the rest so I'm not expecting any fm her for awhile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by