when to expect

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kristip, Nov 14, 2010.

1. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    we adopted some chickens last weekend so they have been at our house all of 7 day. There are 4 chickens that are a year and under that came from a local farm. Fairly friendly birds so that is nice.

Three are mature birds, one is about 15-18 weeks and has no red on face yet ( my black sex link) so not mature enough to lay. My delaware mix ... we re not sure on sex yet. it does not get along well with the other birds. Then there is a Dominique and golden comet sex link. One of those gals has laid us an egg every day after the first day.

I figure at least one other bird should be laying right now, if not 2. How long would they be stressed over the move? Apparently one bird is fine with it.
    I will post some pics and you can see my flock and give me some ideas. If the delaware turns out to be a roo, it is going back to the farm for another girl so hopefully it shows it colors soon!
    thanks for your thoughts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    My money is on the comet. Mine are from an April hatch and have laid about every day since Mid September. Plus the eggs are getting larger by the day.

3. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    The delaware looks like a roo......[​IMG] I think a couple weeks they should be settled in.

4. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    thanks guys... any other thoughts on the delaware- I added other pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by