When to give oyster shells?

Katieasaur

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 2, 2012
Hi, I have 4 chicks that are now 6 days old. I am curious when I should start giving them oyster shells and a salt lick and if there is anything else I should give them.

thanks, because I didn't think they needed a salt like but then I was told where I got them that you do but thanks :D

what about the (i know im going to spell this wrong) diatomatcious earth for dust baths, need or not?

what about the (i know im going to spell this wrong) diatomatcious earth for dust baths, need or not?

Mine loved it. It creates an unsightly amount of dust, though; so you might want to wait until they are moved outside (assuming they are inside) until you give it to them. Mine like to dust bathe in their sand and it doesn't create hardly any dust.

I'm not kidding when I say DE creates an unsightly amount of dust. Everything around the brooder will have a thick layer of DE dust on it within hours of putting it in. I'm just trying to emphasize that in case you have, say, your homework sitting next to the brooder... Not that I would know anything about that from personal experience or anything... I've just heard.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom