when to help hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyNameIs86, Mar 16, 2013.

1. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    This hatchh isnt goibg so wrll. I have two chicks with something in their naval and a chick still in egg witg a hole that is getting pushed around. It has been tryibg to hatch since yesterday. Most of my chicks made a hole instead of zipping. Should i help this poor guy out? Every time i try to get a pic the other chicks block it. Te inside is like a dirty blond wet color.
    I am highly worried cuz it has been pushed around by its sibkings rather violently. ....

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  2. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic....

3. chickiecharmer

chickiecharmer New Egg

Mar 14, 2013
    Home!
    Don't even care right now, but anyways, you made a lot of spelling errors...

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    If I do help, I give the egg a peck hole and wait a day, because they have to breath our air and in breathing our air it helps to shut off the veins. plus they wont dry out so fast. If it looks like labored breathing it is okay they are getting their lungs strong. then go slow and stop if there is bleeding. once the chick is out of the egg, then keep the belly button dry! keep it extra warm heat packets, heated bean bags, or heat pad, and give sips of yolk water.[​IMG]
    The chick to the back what I am holding was malpositioned in egg and was coming out the wrong end so she need help..The red cloth is a heated beanie bag and I gave her yolk sips every hour.
    . [​IMG]
    and that is her in the left hand corner one week later.

5. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    I have been helping. It seems like therr is a sack of blood

[​IMG]

Help asap.. some one pm me. I need to talk to someone... i give number in pm. Yeah its a blood sack. Help help help

[​IMG]

6. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    very under developed. if they are that bloody it is best to leave on the shell, is it alive?

7. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    hardly. it is still breathing a moving but i don't think it will survive. So i'm just calling it. one of the feet is like egg yoked and part of him/her is shrink wrapped. there is no color in his/her feet either. they are white. it is a huge blood sack.. ewww. i must have washed my hands 5-10 times after handling it. Poor thing. i think it got trumpled to death from the other chicks rolling it around while it was trying to hatch. [​IMG]

8. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    looked a few days off from hatching. hows the others doing?

9. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    I dont think that matters right now.

I am sorry, he doesn't look the best. Just read the above posts, and try your best. I am super sorry that that happened but it is just mother nature taking its course. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :/ that really stinks

10. MyNameIs86

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Sorry about the spelling. I was using my phone. Rip chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by