Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends/there will be a low hatch rate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cierabug

Songster
May 13, 2018
Oroville , Northern California
I have some eggs incubating at my school but I might not be able to get to them on the 18th day of incubation, which is tommrow.Can the chicks still hatch if the turner is turned off on the 19th day or will it confuse them when they try to position their beaks?

They should be ok although they may hatch late or a little slow, you'll want to keep an eye for when they pip cause if they dont hit the aircell there may be trouble, I think there's others who can help if that happens as I've never had such a case, but I'll admit I've locked down a day early or a day late on occasion when I forget my dates and never had an issue(I did have a chick hit a viene while pipping last hatch, but that was just an over eager hatcher not confusion over positioning.

Thanks
They should be ok although they may hatch late or a little slow, you'll want to keep an eye for when they pip cause if they dont hit the aircell there may be trouble, I think there's others who can help if that happens as I've never had such a case, but I'll admit I've locked down a day early or a day late on occasion when I forget my dates and never had an issue(I did have a chick hit a viene while pipping last hatch, but that was just an over eager hatcher not confusion over positioning.

Back
Top Bottom