Hello all you people with more experience than me (which is, probably.....everyone) . We've got 7 sweet babies that are feathering fast and becoming excellent escape artists. They are currently 5 weeks old tomorrow and only one of them (a red sex link) is still fuzzy. most have a decent amount of feathers in. Seeing as how I live in TEXAS I wasn't too worried about this stage of the game as we finished our coop before they even arrived and its always hot here until freaking december. But of course the week I had planned to move them out to their coop is rainy and cold (for us) and hovering between 54-60's at night. So now I'm unsure. We have sand in the coop (not the warmest thing ever) and it's still kind of humid. During the day temps range anywhere from 70-88 in the forecast with lows of 54-65. Can they go out or will it be too cold at night? Am I over thinking this? Im as much concerned that they'l escape and get stuck somewhere at night and not be able to get to food/water (it's already happened once during the day and thankfully my son heard the racket and we rescued her).I don't really have heat lamp capacity in the coop nor a desire to add it for the 5 days a year it drops below 40 around here Should I wait another week until 6 weeks or will they be fine and i'm making this chicken thing too complicated newbie style? I'd rather be safe than sorry as I really don't want to loose anybody to a dumb decision right off the bat... although Im sure we'll hit that point at some time in the near future on this learning curve. Thoughts?