When to start quail?

TarheelBirdy

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Liberty NC (near Burlington)
Hi there....I am new to the area of quail....I raise guineas and have never raised quail. However, my new husband used to raise quail until his grump ex wife told him that was common and redneck and he shouldn't do it.

SOOOOO.... to the point
smile.png
We have 30 acres and an aviary that includes seperate areas for incubators, then small cage then medium cage, then large room - all for the keets. Mark now feels that we could together raise quail like he used to.

Are we too late this year? What is the season and time-of-year schmatics of quail? Where is the best place to get eggs?

I am in the same place you are! I am looking at quail eggs too. Allot of breeders on here sell them and that would be better then ebay. Once my peacock eggs come out of my incubator I plan on quail eggs going in.

C&Rman :

I am in the same place you are! I am looking at quail eggs too. Allot of breeders on here sell them and that would be better then ebay. Once my peacock eggs come out of my incubator I plan on quail eggs going in.

MOST OF US THAT SELL HERE ARE THE MAJOR SELLERS ON EBAY
hmm.png

Quote:
I once had an ex-wife like Mark. I traded her for things like deer rifles, deer stands, crappie boats and crappie poles, and batches of Bobwhite Quail eggs...........and a newer model wife with a 320 acre farm. Life is good. The ex is miserable, I hear. Kudos to you for being a wife who knows what real livin' is! I wish you and Mark the best in your quail endeavor. You've found the place for answers to all your quail questions.....
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hey, I had one of those too!!! Swapped mine and a house for a blue tick hound and my other shirt....Poor trade on paper, but I think I got the best end of the deal. Man I loved that dog..... Bill

SWAPPING TAKES TOOO MUCH ENERGY... I JUST THREW MINE TO THE CURB AND NEVER REPLACED HER... MAN WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT. NOT TO SAY I WOULD WELCOME THE RIGHT LADY, BUT THE WRONG 1 CAN CERTAINLY COMPLICATE THINGS AND GREATLY INCREASE YOUR MISERY LEVEL
roll.png

EDITED TO ADD.... THIS IS A 2 WAY STREET AND WORKS EQUALLY WELL FOR THE LADIES TOO (DIDNT WANNA BE ACCUSED OF ANY DISCRIMINATION
smile.png
)

Last edited:
Quote:
To be TOTALLY honest, I tend to be a better human with a full time, night woman.... A flaw in my personality, but I know this about me. Left to my own devises I run "amuck" if you will... My bride has spent 27 plus years keepin me on the path. Aint slapped no body or went all the way to jail in years....
lau.gif
Bill

Back
Top Bottom